A brief guide for new club applications to the LBBL and LWBL
Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Basketball Association.
Produce Handbook. Maintain Website (www.leicesterbasketball.co.uk).
Organise Cup competitions and Basketball Development.
Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Basketball League (Organise all aspects of the league).
Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Basketball Officials Association (Allocate referees to all games and Referee Development)
BE Basketball England ~ National Organising Body
To register a team you need
- At least 7 players.
- A qualified referee (level 2 or higher) who will agree to referee in Leicestershire and Rutland, at least one evening per week.
- A venue within Leics and Rutland.
- A scorekeeper and timekeeper for each home game.
- Table Equipment.
1. Contact us to get things moving
As soon as you decide that you might wish to enter LBBL, make early contact with LBBL General Sec or another committee member. (Committee details on the website). Give name, phone and email for at least one contact for the club.
- You will be sent the official application forms, by email, in April/May Applications must be returned by 31 May, including signed agreement by your nominated referee.
- You may attend the AGM held in May. (A requirement for all existing members)
- This gives you the opportunity to meet representatives and ask questions
3. Costs (to be updated please get in touch for latest fees)
BE (Basketball England) Registration and Licence fees
This includes Public insurance
- Club : £50 Each Player : £10
- Referee (Also covers as a player) : £15
- Coach (Also covers as a player) : £15
- Administrator £5
Registration is done on-line at the England Basketball Website
Payment is made to L&RBA Registrar (Details given on BE website)
Fine Deposit per team: £50
Fee including contribution for league trophies: £10
On behalf of LeBOA: £10
You will receive an invoice for this from the LBBL Treasurer.
Per Club: £25
Per Team: £5
Currently, this is collected by LBBL, on behalf of L&RBA.
This is included with the LBBL invoice.
Register your club to play in the LBBL and LWBL
Download the attached form to register for the coming season.
There are three parts to complete on the registration plus the multi team form if applicable.
- Club/Team contact details
- Availability of your venue, plus advising if your team is available for games when your venue is closed.
- Details of the referee representing each team you enter into the league.
- Nominated players for multi team clubs
You must also forward the Referee Declaration form for your application to be accepted.